Thank you for your interest in applying for the CIT/CITXchange Program for the Connecticut Burns Care Foundation’s Arthur C. Luf Children’s Burn Camp.
The camp in 2021 will be held from July 11th through July 18th. All counselors must report to the camp by 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, July 11th for orientation and remain at the camp all week until the campers depart on Sunday afternoon, July 18th.
All individuals interested in participating must be at least 21 years of age. Fully complete the enclosed application and submit it to the Connecticut Burns Care Foundation, Burn Camp Selection Committee, 601 Boston Post Road, Milford, CT 06460. The deadline for the receipt of all applications for the 2019 Children’s Burn Camp is May 1, 2021.
Please note the following:
- Only fully completed applications are reviewed by the selection committee.
- Acceptance of applicants into the CIT program will be determined by the Camp Director
and the CIT director. The number of CITs accepted to camp will depend on the staffing
needs of camp. Acceptance of applicants into the CITXchange program will be
determined by the Camp Director, the CIT director, and a board member designee.
- Submit three letters of recommendation with your application. One of the letters of
recommendation must be from a former counselor at the camp the CIT participated in.
- A statement essay must be completed by each applicant speaking to their goals in
participating in the CIT program, what they gained from their own camp experience, and
how they plan to use what they learn at camp in their future.
- A background check will be completed on you as part of the application process.
- Every counselor must submit a copy of his/her physical exam (the exam must have been
completed within the last three years) using the special state required physical exam
form in the application packet. No other form can be accepted.
- Once the applications have been reviewed candidates will be required to participate in a phone
interview with the CIT director and/or representative from the camp management team.
- The Director of the Camp requires that each counselor make every effort to participate
in a few scheduled work parties to help prepare for the opening and closing of the camp.
- All counselors serve on a volunteer basis.
- Only one member of any immediate family shall be a counselor or staffer at any given
We thank you in advance for your willingness to serve as one of our counselors. Thank you for helping to make a difference for our kids.