Thank you for your interest in applying for the CIT/CITXchange Program for the Connecticut Burns Care Foundation’s Arthur C. Luf Children’s Burn Camp.
The 2020 camp that was to be held from July 12 through July 19th has been canceled due to the current COVID crisis. We will post the 2021 dates as soon as they are made available. You will all be missed this year. Please stay healthy and feel free to contact the office at 203-878-6744 or email@example.com at any time, for anything.
Please note the following:
- Only fully completed applications are reviewed by the selection committee.
- Acceptance of applicants into the CIT program will be determined by the Camp Director and the CIT director. The number of CITs accepted to camp will depend on the staffing needs of camp. Acceptance of applicants into the CITXchange program will be determined by the Camp Director, the CIT director, and a board member designee.
- Submit three letters of recommendation with your application. One of the letters of recommendation must be from a former counselor at the camp the CIT participated in.
- A statement essay must be completed by each applicant speaking to their goals in participating in the CIT program, what they gained from their own camp experience, and how they plan to use what they learn at camp in their future.
- A background check will be completed on you as part of the application process.
- Every counselor must submit a copy of his/her physical exam (the exam must have been completed within the last three years) using the special state required physical exam form in the application packet. No other form can be accepted.
- Once the applications have been reviewed candidates will be required to participate in a phone interview with the CIT director and/or representative from the camp management team.
- The Director of the Camp requires that each counselor make every effort to participate in a few scheduled work parties to help prepare for the opening and closing of the camp.
- All counselors serve on a volunteer basis.
- Only one member of any immediate family shall be a counselor or staffer at any given time.
We thank you in advance for your willingness to serve as one of our counselors. Thank you for helping to make a difference for our kids.